2019 – I have got the National Scientific Qualification (ASN) to Associate Professor
2019 – I have been awarded a grant as co-PI for the project “I-Mall, improving the customer experience in stores by intelligent computer vision”, PRIN 2017 awarded by MIUR (https://imall.unisa.it/)
2019 – I have been appointed as Local Chair for organizing AISTATS 2020 here in Palermo!!!
2019 – I will serve as Reviewer for CVPR 2020 and for AAAI 2020
We are grateful to the NVIDIA Corporation for supporting our research with a donated TitanX GPU!
You might be interested in the following publications:
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “3D Skeleton-based Human Action Classification: a Survey”, Pattern Recognition (PR), 2016, Vol. 53, pp. 130-147, DOI 10.1016/j.patcog.2015.11.019 (pdf)
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “Boosting Hankel Matrices for Face Emotion Recognition and Pain Detection,” Elsevier Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), 2016, (pdf)
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “A Novel Time Series Kernel for Sequences Generated by LTI Systems,” to appear in Proc. of Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV), 2016, (pdf)
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “An On-line Learning Method for Face Association in Personal Photo Collection,” Elsevier Image and Vision Computing (IMAVIS), Vol. 30, pp. 306-316, May 2012, DOI 10.1016/j.imavis.2012.02.011 (pdf)
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “Concurrent Photo Sequence Organization,” Springer Journal on Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP), 2012, DOI 10.1007/s11042-012-1079-z (pdf) [Dataset available]
Since March 2016, I’m Assistant Professor at the DI (Department of Engineering) of University of Palermo. I teach Algorithms and Data Structures within the degree course in Computer Engineering and Object-Oriented Programming within the degree course in Innovation Engineering for Digital Companies.
My main research interests are in the fields of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Since 2013, I am member of the Computer Vision and Image Processing (CVIP) Group.
You may find me on: Google Scholar, Researchgate, Academia.edu, Linkedin!