Since March 2016, I’m Assistant Professor at the DIID (Department of Industrial and Digital Innovation) of University of Palermo.
My main research interests are in the fields of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Since 2013, I am member of the Computer Vision and Image Processing (CVIP) Group.
You may find me on: Google Scholar, Researchgate, Academia.edu, Linkedin!
I will serve as Reviewer for ECCV 2018 and WACV 2019.
I am in the Program Committee of W-ACVR 2018 (link)
We are grateful to the NVIDIA Corporation for supporting our research with a donated TitanX GPU!
You might be interested in the following publications:
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “3D Skeleton-based Human Action Classification: a Survey”, Pattern Recognition (PR), 2016, Vol. 53, pp. 130-147, DOI 10.1016/j.patcog.2015.11.019 (pdf)
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “Boosting Hankel Matrices for Face Emotion Recognition and Pain Detection,” Elsevier Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), 2016, (pdf)
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “A Novel Time Series Kernel for Sequences Generated by LTI Systems,” to appear in Proc. of Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV), 2016, (pdf)
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “An On-line Learning Method for Face Association in Personal Photo Collection,” Elsevier Image and Vision Computing (IMAVIS), Vol. 30, pp. 306-316, May 2012, DOI 10.1016/j.imavis.2012.02.011 (pdf)
- Lo Presti L., La Cascia M., “Concurrent Photo Sequence Organization,” Springer Journal on Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP), 2012, DOI 10.1007/s11042-012-1079-z (pdf) [Dataset available]